Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bluray Bitrates regards
[Post New]
Dear friends,
I'am using power Director for a long time for my home video projects. Actually i want to know in detailed manner about Cyberlink's encoding and disk authoring....

Actually i'am using 25GB bluray discs for 2 hours video. After editing videos in PD 18 then i choose "Create Disc" page then i choose bluray 2d disc then i choose Cyberlinks builtin preset.

Normally i choose H.264 for video codec and 1920X1080 50i 17 mbps as a preset. here i have a doubt that to fit 2 hours of video on single bluray disc (25gb). On the other hand i found 1920X1080 24p too so here i would like to ask to cyberlink's experts to fit 2 hours of video on single disk, which preset gives me good quality of video to watch in bluray players at home TV?

there is a possibilty to change my audio format LPCM to other compressed format?

I need proper guide to my bluray authoring inside Cyberlink PD 18.

thanks in advance

Regards,
Nithi

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2020 05:38

Intel i5-4670 @ 3.40Ghz,Intel HD Graphics 4600,Corsair Vengeance Performance 8GB Ram,SanDisk 250GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail Edition & Hitachi 2TB HDD for Data storage,
24in HDMI Monitor.
Camcorder : JVC EVERIO GS-TD1 (3D),Nikon D700,Canon EOS 100D,Panason
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to fit 2 hours of video at the 1080/50i 17 Mbps preset on a 25 gb BD. I used to put 3 hours on them when using Dolby Digital at 192 Kbps stereo or 384 kbps 5.1 audio. That has been removed and only LPCM and DTS audio exists in PD18.

It is most important to check the frame rate of your video in viewing the properties in PD18 or in windows to be sure that the videos on your timeline is 25 fps or an exact multiple of it to use that setting to avoid seeing judder in your produced or created disc.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Some editors will show an estimate of disc use for a composition during the produce set up phase, either as a number (percent of capacity) or a running bar which shows the same thing. PD18 doesn't seem to do that, so there is one way to find out (whether a render will fit or not on the disk of choice)

• produce it in the configuration you desire, as an iso file (iso is a standardised disk image format) saved to a temporary workspace location. That is, don't burn the disk, just create the file. Save the produce disk project file before you start.

• when done, check the file size of the rendered iso file version and compare to the capacity disk of the disks you have.

• If it fits, play it with VLC to confirm that you are happy with result

• if happy, either use PD to produce it again to a real disk, OR use a 3rd party iso burner program (there are several free available the work well) to burn the iso file to a blank disk.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Some editors will show an estimate of disc use for a composition during the produce set up phase, either as a number (percent of capacity) or a running bar which shows the same thing. PD18 doesn't seem to do that, so there is one way to find out (whether a render will fit or not on the disk of choice)

PD18 displays this very clearly in the bottom left corner of the "Create Disc" module.

Jeff
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
I missed this . .
Having searched the UG for this and came up empty, possibly because of the search terms I used, I thought that if it was there, someone would correct me.
and JL did.

Let me add also that the Creat Disc page (PD18.3 UG, p441) image shows the number in the bottom LH corner, but the labels on the various parts of the page image below the picture don't mention this.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I missed this . .
Having searched the UG for this and came up empty, possibly because of the search terms I used, I thought that if it was there, someone would correct me.
and JL did.

Let me add also that the Creat Disc page (PD18.3 UG, p441) image shows the number in the bottom LH corner, but the labels on the various parts of the page image below the picture don't mention this.

It's simply in the "Note:" on page 443 if you want to read it.

Jeff