Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Titles Effect Animation doesn't work
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I updated from PD18 to PD365. Can someone confirm that the preset start and end effect animations for 3D Titles don't work in PD365? In PD18 they still work! Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that I see the same problem on my end:

This needs to be reported as a bug. You can reference this discussion when submitting a support request from here.
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I can confirm that I see the same problem on my end:

This needs to be reported as a bug. You can reference this discussion when submitting a support request from here.

I'm not familiar with submitting a support request. Is it not sufficient to report a bug to this forum? I thought the developers also read here.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Generally speaking, CL employees don't monitor the forum so the best way to get the attention of the right people is to use the official support channel. I've done it many times and am happy to take care of this.
optodata
[Post New]
I've just reported the issue on ticket CS002230184.

During my testing, I created a simple project showing a Default title and Default 3D title with a Balloon In effect and a Horizontal Amplify Out effect. The standard title shows the animation in the Title Designer, on the timeline and when produced.

The Default 3D title show no animation under any of those condiutions, and in fact no animation boxes are selected when the Title Designer is reopened, which strongly implies that the selections are never saved or applied.

The sample project can be downloaded from this OneDrive folder (no sign in necessary).
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
By way of confirmation -

In PDR 19 do you both see that the selection of any 3D title>Title Designer>Animation gives a selection of animations, labelled Beam Out - Down or Assembly Line etc. etc. which are the same as 2D title animations?

In PDR18 the selection 3D title>Title Designer>Effect would give title animations labelled as 3D Fade, 3D Flocking etc. etc.?

Cheers
PDM
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
By way of confirmation -

In PDR 19 do you both see that the selection of any 3D title>Title Designer>Animation gives a selection of animations, labelled Beam Out - Down or Assembly Line etc. etc. which are the same as 2D title animations?

In PDR18 the selection 3D title>Title Designer>Effect would give title animations labelled as 3D Fade, 3D Flocking etc. etc.?

Cheers
PDM

Indeed, I see the same animations in 3D title as in 2D title.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote In PDR 19 do you both see that the selection of any 3D title>Title Designer>Animation gives a selection of animations, labelled Beam Out - Down or Assembly Line etc. etc. which are the same as 2D title animations?

I think that's the issue! PDR14 has "3D -" at the start of each 3D title effect's name, while PDR19/365 has only un-prefixed effect names, which may mean it's trying to apply non-functional 2D animations.

When I was creating the test project, I noticed that the new Copy Title Attributes function could not be used when one title was standard and the other was 3D, so it would appear that the 3D Title Designer wasn't properly configured to use the 3D-only animations.
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Additional info: A 3D Title with 3D Animation project created in PD18 works also in PD19 but the animation cannot be changed. The 3D Animation effects just don't show up in PD19 Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
optodata
[Post New]
CL just released v19.0.2222.0 for the subscription version, and the first thing I tested was this issue.

The good news is that newly created 3D titles work great and all the 3D animations are available.

However, I had an issue the first time I opened up the test project from my earlier post. There weren't any start/end sections in the Title Designer timeline and the animation didn't work, so you may have to delete and recreate 3D titles from earlier PD19 projects.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 30. 2020 16:48

3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote CL just released v19.2.2222.0 for the subscription version, and the first thing I tested was this issue.

The good news is that newly created 3D titles everything works great, and all the 3D animations are available.

However, I had an issue the first time I opened up the test project from my earlier post. There weren't any start/end sections in the Title Designer timeline and the animation didn't work, so you may have to delete and recreate 3D titles from earlier PD19 projects.

Till now I didn't receive a notification for an update release!

OK, I see a notification when I open the Application Manager.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2020 16:34