Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green screen leftovers
Astropilot1958 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2020 13:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Good evening,

I am wondering what would be the best way to remove tiny lines of color that are left over after removing a blue screen background. I attach screenshot.

Kind regards
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-09-23 230304.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-09-23 230304.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
147 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Astropilot1958,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I'm afraid the only solution with PhD is a fair bit of painstaking work. However well light you green/blue screen is, PhD (in Background Removal) is bound to "miss bits", especially with hair & finer details.

All that can be done is to zoom in (the more the better) to manually fine tune the edges. In the example below, cleaning up that small section took quite a few minutes. Zoomed to 100% using brush sizes between 1 & 5.

It's doable with PhD, but using dedicated graphics software is likely to render better results more quickly.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Astropilot1958 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2020 13:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Astropilot1958,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I'm afraid the only solution with PhD is a fair bit of painstaking work. However well light you green/blue screen is, PhD (in Background Removal) is bound to "miss bits", especially with hair & finer details.

All that can be done is to zoom in (the more the better) to manually fine tune the edges. In the example below, cleaning up that small section took quite a few minutes. Zoomed to 100% using brush sizes between 1 & 5.

It's doable with PhD, but using dedicated graphics software is likely to render better results more quickly.

PIX

Hello Pix,

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply! That is what I ended up doing. However, I see that you rmoved the green screen using the remove background under the guided tab. I used the magic wand under the select area menu on the edit tab. I saw in some tutorial videos that it is also done creating a mask layer and using the Black/white pencil tool.

Is there a preferred way for doing this, or do all techniques lead to similar results?

You mentioned dedicated software. Which software would that be for that purpose?

Kind regards