Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade to PD 19 From 18 and Previously 17, 16 etc
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have a simple non technical question that somebody may have an answer for. I have recently purchased an upgrade from PD 18 to PD 19. I installed the first file (PD19 upgrade) and then started the second file, in the downloaded order. The program advised me that the content pack was already loaded and did I want to unistall before reinstalling. I have gone through this process religiously in the past because I believed there was a difference but today I declined. I stopped the upgrade at that point and did not proceed, this as I said is not a technical question, but more a WTF question.

My question is should I uninstall and reinstall the content packs that the system tells me are already loaded, or is there no difference in the packs distributed in the 13 file list with PD19 from those previously distributed with PD18 or PD17.

Note: I accept that there may be additional packs that are not currently loaded in the 13 file list.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t think anyone can give you a definite answer. Do what you want. I did find out that if you don’t install the ProDad, then new content is not installed as each new version of PD installs different contents that are cumulative in ProDad.