Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 18 crashing after 1 minute when producing!
Sharky96 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2020 11:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm trying to produce a 21 minute video and it keeps crashing after a minute. Im doing the H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080, and even on lower resolutions it keeps crashing. Anybody experience it and fixed it? I dont know what to do anymore.

My laptop specs are as follows:

ASUS VivoBook Pro
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs)
16 GBs of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2020 21:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Crashes when producing are usually caused by video drivers or problems with Windows. Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results so we can help.
Sharky96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry!

I can't post a screenshot of an error because theres none - the porgram just closes and thats it!

Here is the dxdiag document!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
143 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the test results, and don't worry about the screenshot. You have 2 GPUs in your laptop, one from Intel and one from nVidia, and both drivers are out of date. Go to the ASUS support website (this page is from the UK site, but you can change the location if needed).

There is also a BIOS update, but there seems to be an FX580VD and an NX580VD version of the laptop and the DxDiag results only say X580VD. Hopefully there's a sticker on the laptop or you can look it up by the serial number to get the correct version.

It would also help to know which option was shown on the Produce page. Did it show Intel Quick Sync or Hardware video encoder? That will tell you if PD was using the Intel or nVidia card.

Finally, make sure you're using the latest version of PD18. It should be build 2725, and you can update it from this page if needed.
Sharky96 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your answer! I will try everything you said, I hope it helps.

I'll reply again tomorrow if it helped!
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Another approach to identifying a cause ..
If you are sure about the timeline (crashing after 1 minute, consistenly), open the project in edit mode.
Then at the 1 minute mark, note what you have in terms of extra tracks (overlays, filters, text etc).
One by one

• open the project

• for each track, disable it (the tick at the start of the track)

• produce the project with a unique name (eg test1, 2, 3 etc), just a short amount (2-3minutes??), no need to do the whole project

And repeat for each track until you find one that produces without an error/crash, then whatever you have in that disabled track at 1 minute is the cause of the issue. If this hasn't identified a cause when all the extra tracks have been tested, then the cause is the item on the main timeline at the 1 minute mark
Remove that element from your project, re-enable the track, and produce (render it) it again to prove the point.

At this point you have data on the issue: the version of PD, and the component causing a crash. Full details on the component should be recorded, along with the properties of the render you were attempting to do.
Robert Šarkezi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2020 16:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So when I tried updating PD it gave me this error, what now?
[Thumb - patch_error.png]
 Filename
patch_error.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
248 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Robert Šarkezi, your issue is not related to this topic. You cannot apply a PD19 patch to PD18 and you cannot update a subscription version of PD with a manual patch.

If you'd like more assitance, please start a new topic here and include the exact version number of PD you have installed.