Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't use powerdirector on multiple monitors after September 2020 update (video attached)
[Post New]
I have three monitors extended that I used for PowerDirector for a year then after I installed the recent update, PowerDirector jumps from one monitor to another making it unusable.

I checked the connections and have rebooted several times, and checked the order of the displays.

When I start PD, it opens on the left monitor even though the middle one is selcted as main display.

But the main problem is once it starts, it is unusable. see link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8LizQqYwvMojCAjQ9

thanks in advance for any help and if no one knows how to fix this can someone tell me how to revert to the previous pd edition?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have three monitors extended that I used for PowerDirector for a year then after I installed the recent update, PowerDirector jumps from one monitor to another making it unusable.

I checked the connections and have rebooted several times, and checked the order of the displays.

When I start PD, it opens on the left monitor even though the middle one is selcted as main display.

But the main problem is once it starts, it is unusable. see link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8LizQqYwvMojCAjQ9

thanks in advance for any help and if no one knows how to fix this can someone tell me how to revert to the previous pd edition?

I don't think the problem you have has anything to do with the update.

I also run on a 3 monitor setup. PD on 2 and the third for Windows explorer. I have the 365 version and it has been as stable as a rock on my system.

As for going back to the previous version, it will depend on whether you have the subscription version (365). If you have the subscription like I do, I do not believe there is any way of going back.

You should log a ticket with Cyberlink from the members log in page. There are others on here that can likely give you a link to the page where tickets are created.

Hal
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also running the new edition on a dual monitor system and I haven't seen anything like that. The key to understanding what's happening is that Windows is clearly disconnecting one of your monitors (based on the several hardware disconnect sounds), and that throws of where PD can be displayed.

What happens if you re-dock the preview window and try editing? Does it stay on the same monitor? What happens if you manually move PD to the left monitor and open the preview screen in the center?

You may also need to look at your video driver. If you made a system image before updating to PD19, you can reinstall it to recover PD18. Otherwise you'll have to ask CL tech support if they can provide you with an installer for the older version.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote I'm also running the new edition on a dual monitor system and I haven't seen anything like that. The key to understanding what's happening is that Windows is clearly disconnecting one of your monitors (based on the several hardware disconnect sounds), and that throws of where PD can be displayed.

What happens if you re-dock the preview window and try editing? Does it stay on the same monitor? What happens if you manually move PD to the left monitor and open the preview screen in the center?

You may also need to look at your video driver. If you made a system image before updating to PD19, you can reinstall it to recover PD18. Otherwise you'll have to ask CL tech support if they can provide you with an installer for the older version.

if I open the preview window, it covers the left monitor (where PD is) then when I drag it to the middle and play it (or do anything else on pd ) all the monitors
start changing displays)

I changed usb ports for the monitor and it works now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2020 14:52