Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD does not play any normal blu ray (original disk)
ClaudiaW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2020 13:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello to all ,

I bought and installed 4 days ago the PowerDVD Ultra 20 (200720-01).

I use a laptop (medion) with an external blue ray device, connected with 2 USB ports. System is Windows 10, 64 bit.

Before installing PowerDVD, I tested my system with the cyber link Advisor. The advisor said that everything is fine for normal Blu Ray but not the software, so I bought the software. I can post the protocol if it helps.
Now after buying and running PowerDVD , the Advisor still says that there is no suitable software?

I tried different original Blu Rays. Game of Thrones, Rise of Skywalker. The name of the disk is shown in the file explorer as well as in PowerDVD. But it does not start, no pictures no sound.

I also tried these Blu rays with Leawo Software and there it can play these disks (well controlling does not work fine, but the first episode on every disk it can play and also changing language for example).
The external device shows "Region 2" and the Power DVD shows "Region B".
I also reinstalled about 5 times, also the patch ( but I think it is a younger version)

What can I do? Any ideas? I wrote on 14th to the customer support but there is no answer yet.
Thanks a lot,
Claudia
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please don't forget to include the requested information when posting in the forum. That way users can help you more easily as they can get an understanding of your setup:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82022.page

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
ClaudiaW [Avatar]
[Post New]
please find attached the dxdiag-txt-file and also the Advisor file.

The patch I tried inbetween was PowerDVD_20.0.1519.62_Patch_DVD200306-01. It didn't work, so I deinstalled and cleaned my computer. In the moment there is only the original installation file CyberLink_PowerDVD20_Ultra_DVD200720-01 installed.

thanks for your support.
Claudia
 Filename
DxDiag21.09.2020.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag-File
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
[Thumb - disk_recognized.png]
 Filename
disk_recognized.png
[Disk]
 Description
Disk recognized but not starting
 Filesize
2522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2020 00:48

ClaudiaW [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

although other software was able to play my blu rays and PowerDVD not, the external the device was the causer.

Today I bought another one to exclude this factor, but it worked at one and very stable. The new device is an archgon, the previous one PiAEK.

I still don't unterstand it, but now it is solved.

Bye