Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No HD multichannel audio
MichaelMcG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2006 06:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Any idea why I'm unable to bitstream HD multichannel audio (Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD MA etc) in Windows 10? I can bitstream standard Dolby Digital and DTS ok. I have a geforce gtx 750 ti graphics card connected to an Onkyo TX-NR686 av receiver. I can bitstream HD audio from Kodi ok so it isn't a hardware restriction. And Windows audio properties show the card as being capable of streaming all audio formats.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Try disable the WASAPI mode in settings > Video Audio Subtitle > More audio settings > Miscellaneous, and then check if it helps.

I think the non-decoded HD audio output is processed by the GPU card and its HDMI audio driver exclusively but not by the software player.

If the HDMI audio output cannot keep or enable the non-decoded audio stream mode normally when processing DTS-HD Master audio, you'd better ask nvidia to help investigate the compatibility issue.

The nvidia HDMI output can work fine with Kodi, it does not mean nvidia can work well with every other player.