CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pin audio to video?
Reply to this topic
BarefootGreg [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 11, 2020 14:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I usually record my audio and video files separately. Since I haven't discovered a "Sync by Audio" feature on the mobile version, I spend a fair bit of time syncing the files manually.
I'm now looking for a way to pin the audio and video files, such that if one moves (like when inserting a new clip) then they both move. I've used precious hours simply trying to sync audio and video.
The best approach I've discovered is to sync the audio and video, then produce each short clip, then work with the produced clips rather than the originals. Surely there's a more efficient way.
Help? Using v 7.2.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5450 Offline
[Post New]
That seems pretty efficient to me, and I also don't see a way to link separate A/V tracks. Perhaps another member will have a better idea to do what you're looking for.

In the main desktop PD editor, you can sync clips by audio (as long as your video clip has matching audio), then unlink the A/V tracks, delete the original audio and add the desired audio clip, then link them together into a single unified clip. Both clips have to be the exact same duration to become a unified clip, but that's only important if you're looking to do more editing.

If you only want to produce the clip to use in the mobile app, maybe the desktop's sync by audio feature will save you some time.
Reply to this topic