Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Questions on Rotoscoping Animation merged with Live character videos
VMK123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2020 22:30 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I would like to put a rotoscope animation in front or on the original video and then have the animation start fading into nothing while exposing the original footage behind it. I saw a fascinating video where the characters were in and out of animation and then in front of the original footage fading into the air leaving the original footage there. After Effects and other video editing programs were used to do this; If this is something that can be done in Cyberlink, I appreciate if you can help me with this. Thank you. Vmk
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As long as your animation has a transparent backround (alpha channel) you can place it on a lower track on PD's timeline and use a series of opacity keyframes to fade the animation in/out independent of the background video.

If the animation has a solid background of any kind, you'll neeed to chroma-key it out using the PiP Designer to make it transparent so the background video will show "behind" it.
VMK123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote As long as your animation has a transparent backround (alpha channel) you can place it on a lower track on PD's timeline and use a series of opacity keyframes to fade the animation in/out independent of the background video.

If the animation has a solid background of any kind, you'll neeed to chroma-key it out using the PiP Designer to make it transparent so the background video will show "behind" it.

Hi, Thank you very much for your help. The following is what I would like to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncM8NsvCd6s Line 10:12 and 15:04-15:07. Although this was done with different programs, not cyberlink, I would like to do this in Cyberlink if possible.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Like I said just put the clips on two tracks with the rotoscope on the lower track. Adjust the opacity to fade it in/out and you can also change or fade out the background video once you're focused on the rotoscoping clip.

Any basic editing tutorials should show how to do that.
VMK123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Like I said just put the clips on two tracks with the rotoscope on the lower track. Adjust the opacity to fade it in/out and you can also change or fade out the background video once you're focused on the rotoscoping clip.

Any basic editing tutorials should show how to do that.

Thank you very much for all your help. VMK
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If the animation has a solid background of any kind, you'll neeed to chroma-key it out using the PiP Designer to make it transparent so the background video will show "behind" it.

Agree with optodata. This should be pretty straight forward. Keep in mind, if the background is not solid you can use the motion mask in Color Director to remove anything you don't want in the video.