CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Boris FX sale (thru Sept 11)
Reply to this topic
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5918 Offline
[Post New]
For anyone interested in getting additional effects or any other BorisFX video products beyond those included with the PD365 subscription, they're having a 25% off sale through Sept 11.

Here's their store's webpage, and to get the discount you can enter save25 at checkout.
[Post New]
Quote For anyone interested in getting additional effects or any other BorisFX video products beyond those included with the PD365 subscription, they're having a 25% off sale through Sept 11.

Here's their store's webpage, and to get the discount you can enter save25 at checkout.

Thanks for letting me know! I would not have known!
Maliek
Contributor Private Message Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 533 Offline
[Post New]
As long as we're on the subject I wanted to share the link to the NewBlue FX Cyberlink page. No sale going on but thought I'd share. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube to watch a new PowerDirector tutorial every Tuesday & Saturday.

DS365 | Win10 Pro | i9-7900X (4.3GHz) | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSDs | Ultrawide 4K HDR monitor | Canon C200 | Canon EOS R
[Post New]

Thanks for letting me know! I would not have known!

FYI

This is the response I got from BorisFX:

Unfortunately we do not have anything available that is compatible with PowerDirector - we used to have a bundle for various versions, but this is no longer bundled, and we never actually sold anything for use with it.

Now, having said that, there is a free Compositing Host called Resolve (that is, there is a free version) that is compatible with the BCC/Continuum OFX package - this would allow you to at least apply BCC to individual clips and relay these back to PowerDirector to insert into your timeline.

I have never tried Composting Host. Anyone?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5448 Offline
[Post New]
See the link supplied by optodata. Go to Products/Continuum/Particle Illusion. It is a free standalone program that you use to create particles that can be exported as .mov files that you can import to PowerDirector to use.
[Post New]

FYI

This is the response I got from BorisFX:

Unfortunately we do not have anything available that is compatible with PowerDirector - we used to have a bundle for various versions, but this is no longer bundled, and we never actually sold anything for use with it.

Now, having said that, there is a free Compositing Host called Resolve (that is, there is a free version) that is compatible with the BCC/Continuum OFX package - this would allow you to at least apply BCC to individual clips and relay these back to PowerDirector to insert into your timeline.

I have never tried Composting Host. Anyone?

Follow up. Hoping Cyberlink grows in popularity.

Boris FX Technical Support Team <support@borisfx.com>Sep 15

The Cyberlink included plugins I believe we discontinued the
bundle a while back as well. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts at
Cyberlink to check with since we dropped Support some time ago.
Someone at Cyberlink Customer Service/Sales might be able to get you a
quick Yes/No as to this inquiry, at least.

Thank you again.

Jon

Technical Support Team
Boris FX / Imagineer Systems
http://www.borisfx.com/
65 Franklin Street, Suite 400 Boston MA 02210
P: 888-77-BORIS (888-772-6747)
F: 508-357-8906
Reply to this topic