Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LUT over LUT
Despeghel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 03:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
What if I want to put a LUT on a clip and then Put a second LUT over the first LUT.

In my case, I have a Color Correction LUT and a Teal&Orange LUT

First, I want to apply the Color Correction LUT, then as next, the Orange&Teal LUT (or what ever LUT)

As for now, when I aplly a LUT to my clip and the effect takes places, when I then select the next LUT, the first one dissapears.

Is there a way to fix this...?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t think the first lut is needed. You can try this: Place the clip on two different tracks, one aligned above the other. Apply one LUT to the top clip. Apply the other LUT to the bottom clip. Adjust the opacity of the clip on the bottom with PiP designer or by moving the opacity line on the clip to get the color desired.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are two other approaches I can think of: if you really want to apply 2 LUTs, you'll have to apply the first one and produce it, then import the produced clip and apply the 2nd LUT.

If you have an existing clip (or have already produced one with the desired LUTs), you can to use the Color Match tool to quickly match all future clips to that palette.