Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not upload to Youtube anymore
camasa45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2018 10:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Powerdirector 16 for about 1 1/2 years. Recently when I try to upload a video I have edited to Youtube I get an error message saying cannot connect to Youtube because of the browser. I have tried browsers: chrome and opera and keep getting the same error message. This happens when I try to click on the Youtube authorization step. I don't know why this is happening. It used to work but not now.
Is there a way to fix this?
Please help.
Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This can happen if you let someone else sign in to YT on your pc. Try this: Check your notes to see the account and password that you previously used for YT on PD16. Open IE and check the account on YT. Sign off YT and used the exact account to sign in. You can manually upload in any case. If you need more help then this tutorial go into more depth: https://youtu.be/yYIKHxMvvq8 .
RRR1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2012 15:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
That is no working any more. I had PowerDirector from initial version till v15 - it is no longer working as cuberlink does not have javasciprt anymore.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
YouTube changed their application programming interface (API) years ago, and it has nothing to do with javascript.

You can just produce the video to your hard drive then upload it to YouTube using your browser.