Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perfect cam/ youcam9 - skin smoothening feature only works on face?? Troubleshooting
Kikiiioxxxx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2020 19:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys. So I stream online and I'm looking for a skin softening filter for my live feed, i bought the YouCam 9 and the skin smoothening feature worked perfectly BUT only on my face?? It looked so unnatural as my arms and neck area weren't airbrushed but my face was... it also looked super suspicious as if I turned my head the filter would turn off and show my unedited face and then back on again when I faced the camera... I thought it was a glitch at first but I contacted cyberlink and they said this was normal... hmm

ive just seen they have brought out "perfectcam"
does this work in the same way?? As in does it only airbrush your face? I really need it to be for my entire screen/body... if anyone can help pleaseeee do.

thanks xxx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2020 19:50

Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi guys. So I stream online and I'm looking for a skin softening filter for my live feed, i bought the YouCam 9 and the skin smoothening feature worked perfectly BUT only on my face?? It looked so unnatural as my arms and neck area weren't airbrushed but my face was... it also looked super suspicious as if I turned my head the filter would turn off and show my unedited face and then back on again when I faced the camera... I thought it was a glitch at first but I contacted cyberlink and they said this was normal... hmm

ive just seen they have brought out "perfectcam"
does this work in the same way?? As in does it only airbrush your face? I really need it to be for my entire screen/body... if anyone can help pleaseeee do.

thanks xxx

Hi,
Have you updated your YouCam9 to the latest version?
The latest version has an option that allows you to apply skin smoothening to the whole video.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download

Updates YouCam 9 to build 1915
Note: This patch is not for YouCam hardware bundled/pre-installed versions, volume license, or versions purchased via the Microsoft Store.

1. Adds an option to adjust the effect area of Skin smoothener between faces only or the whole video.

2. Adds a button to create custom looks in the Makeup feature for quick access.