Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio waveforms for imported footage
[Post New]
Hi! So in the mobile version on Powerdirector, When you input a clip to your timeline on the top layer (also known as A-Roll) it doesn't show the audio waveforms. Is there a way to turn this feature on? I am someone who edits using the audio waves, and the "dupe" way of doing it is dragging the same clip in the other layers so it creates audio waves, then when you trim the clip you have to trim both events to keep them aligned. Could I maybe suggest them adding this feature? Even if the waves have to be tiny just please put them there. I am not trying to sound like a hater if that is how it is coming off.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see a way to enable waveforms, and that's probably due to the limited screen space available for tracks. The best way to have waveforms show up is your "dupe" approach, and you can mute the main clip (or delete the audio clip) once you've got everything synced.

If you'd like to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to have some way to display the audio on the main video tracks, go to Settings | FAQ & Send Feedback. Maybe they can add a quick way to toggle between video thumbnails and audio waveforms.