Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 18 - sound stopped working after pausing Blu-Ray.
Faydark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 06:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was watching a Blu-ray movie for about 40 minutes, and then I paused it while I went to do something else, which ended up taking about an hour.

When I came back, there was an error saying Power DVD couldn't play the disk, and after that point, Power DVD won't playback any Audio in any movie.

I've tried restarting Power DVD, restarting my PC, trying different movies etc and no audio.

However, audio on my PC is still working fine - I can hear system sounds, voice chat, music etc as normal.

I've tried all the trouble shooting steps on the support site, and I have updated Power DVD 18 to the latest patch for it.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
We need more info about your setup, so please: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79023.page#post_box_324623 as requested.

You should also make sure you submit a tech support ticket.

Dave
Faydark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 06:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote We need more info about your setup, so please: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79023.page#post_box_324623 as requested.

You should also make sure you submit a tech support ticket.

Dave

Sorry, I missed that when I was looking at the forum initially, I've attached it now.

Further info: after trying various things for about an hour, I gave up on trying to get Power DVD to play audio from the speakers.

I plugged my headphone cable into the headphone jack (but not attached to headphones), and suddenly Power DVD started playing audio from my speakers again.

Then after I plugged the headphones onto the cable as well, Power DVD's audio still came from the speakers, but not from the headphones, and all other audio came from the headphones (eg, system sounds, music etc).

I checked the Power DVD audio selector drop down at this point and it was blank, with no options to select from. After I unplugged the headphone cable again, the S/P DIF option reappeared in the selector, but again I had lost audio from Power DVD.

It would seem that Power DVD is getting very confused about where the audio should be output, somehow.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
900 time(s)