Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disable the internal file manager
Matze5454 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 05:36 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
The internal file manager is really annoying, it always scan the harddrive for a long time. I never use this internal file manager. How can i disable it completely? The automatic scanning of my content is already dsiabled, but i want only uning the Video Player without this powerless filemanager.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just go into Settings > Preferences > Media Library and remove all the folders indicated on the four tabs. If you have any folders selected on these tabs, Powerdvd checks for newly added files every time you launch.

Dave
Matze5454 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 05:36 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the fast answer. This made i already. But in my Main-Video-Folder are 7000 Files and when a video finished, PowerDVD scanning this folder and this take time. I guess when i enable the internal indexing, PDVD do no longer scanning it every time, but this have i not tested, because i dont want that PDVD make a index database from my PC. This file explorer should be disabled, this is the easiest solution, otherwise all content have everytime be indexed or the folders will be every day scanned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2020 08:59