Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playback issue with playing Blu-rays in PowerDVD 14
RocknRollTim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2020 13:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Hope you can help. I am experiencing a playback issue with playing Blu-rays in PowerDVD 14 where after it needs to download the media information from the Internet, the screen goes black and nothing happens. I have been checking the requirements using BD Advisor and it says everything is in order. What's the issue? Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Well, it is tough to help when you didn't supply any of the requested information. Though what you describe definitely sounds like a GPU issue. Have you updated it recently? I actually got a fresh update on my NVIDIA driver just today.

Dave
RocknRollTim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well, it is tough to help when you didn't supply any of the requested information. Though what you describe definitely sounds like a GPU issue. Have you updated it recently? I actually got a fresh update on my NVIDIA driver just today.

Dave

Hi Dave,

My apologies, please find the attached dxdiag.txt file as I should have posted initially. The problem I have got is that I have got a 3D monitor that supports 3D Vision and the graphics driver I have got installed is 390.65 which I know is not the latest stable release for 3D Vision and still delving for it. I will temporarily try the latest stable driver to see whether the issue is rectified.

Regards,

RocknRollTim
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt file as requested
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1131 time(s)
RocknRollTim [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Dave,

My apologies, please find the attached dxdiag.txt file as I should have posted initially. The problem I have got is that I have got a 3D monitor that supports 3D Vision and the graphics driver I have got installed is 390.65 which I know is not the latest stable release for 3D Vision and still delving for it. I will temporarily try the latest stable driver to see whether the issue is rectified.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

Updating to graphics driver 452.06 seems to have fixed the playback issue with ordinary 2D Blu-rays but now unable to use 3D Vision in order to play 3D Blu-rays as well as PC games that support 3D Vision. Will try the latest stable driver for 3D Vision and to see whether the issue reoccurs.

Regards,

RocknRollTim
RocknRollTim [Avatar]
[Post New]

Updating to graphics driver 452.06 seems to have fixed the playback issue with ordinary 2D Blu-rays but now unable to use 3D Vision in order to play 3D Blu-rays as well as PC games that support 3D Vision. Will try the latest stable driver for 3D Vision and to see whether the issue reoccurs.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

I have now downgraded to graphics driver 418.91 which has fixed the pixel flickering issue I was encountering over the Taskbar, however if I have 3D Vision set to the monitor it constantly flickers but if I have 3D Vision set to 3D Vision Discover the screen does not flicker. The thing I cannot distinguish now is whether 3D is actually working in PowerDVD, I have tried with and without 3D glasses as well as turning 3D on and off in the program and still cannot tell, it might be my eyes going a bit bogeyed but at least I have got both 2D and 3D Blu-rays to work now. Thank you for your help Dave.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim