Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing clips and TV Safe Zone boundary
Andrew123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2020 03:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced several projects (upto 1hr 15min long each) , and in the Preview window they all exceed the boundary of the TV Safe Zone. These projects are made up from many video clips (e.g. 60+ each).

Is there a way of editing all clips at once so they all fit into the TV Safe Zone, as it is going to be very time consuming to manually edit each clip individually, so it fits within the TV Safe Zone, for each project)?

I thought I may be able to produce an MP4 video file from the project, then start a new project containing that single MP4 clip, then edit that file so it fits within the TV Safe Zone boundary, then produce that as the required video??????

Any help would be appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I thought I may be able to produce an MP4 video file from the project, then start a new project containing that single MP4 clip, then edit that file so it fits within the TV Safe Zone boundary, then produce that as the required video??????

I believe that the TV safe zone was meant for the CRT tv made 20 years ago and users creating DVDs at that time to ensure that the titles they create will be seen on 90% of the consumer TV’s sold. Those TVs have severe overscan, or zoomed in images.that you do not see on a computer or a studio monitor.

Please state if you are seeing zoomed in video on your TV from the original source files and the produced files.
Andrew123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2020 03:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I believe that the TV safe zone was meant for the CRT tv made 20 years ago and users creating DVDs at that time to ensure that the titles they create will be seen on 90% of the consumer TV’s sold. Those TVs have severe overscan, or zoomed in images.that you do not see on a computer or a studio monitor.

Please state if you are seeing zoomed in video on your TV from the original source files and the produced files.

Reply:
I have not produced a DVD/Blue-ray disc yet to see if there is an overscan problem. I will produce one and play it. If there is a problem, how do I edit the wholw video in one go so all the video clips are within the TV Safe Zone?