CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media clip too short ...
Reply to this topic
Oliverz [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 01, 2020 07:32 Messages: 132 Offline
[Post New]
I have videos with Timelpas that are maybe 1 second long ... I wanted to join them together in PD mobile, but this is not possible because I get the message that the media clips are too short Want to insert timeline! And now? Liebe Grüße / Regards
Oliver
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5918 Offline
[Post New]
I produced a 20 frame clip (0.66 sec) MP4 clip in the main PD program and I had no trouble importing it into the mobile app. I could even shorten it to only a few frames on the mobile timeline, so maybe the problem is your source clip.

Can you attach it to the forum so we can test it? If you have Handbrake or VLC or VirtualDub2, you could try converting it to a different format to see if PD Mobile will acccept that version.
Oliverz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Her is one of the clips. I can open this Clip in any Videoplayer, or in Qick (GoPro APP)...
 Filename
GH010884.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1626 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2020 13:39

optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5918 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks! I think there is an encoding problem because MediaInfo says the clip is 5.0 sec long in the General details, but the video is actually only 1/6 second (167mS or 5 frames at 30p) long:

The main PowerDirector app can't open it because it's too short, so I used VirtualDub2 to append 5 more copies so that it's now 1 second long.

If you download the attached file and copy it to your mobile device, you should be able to import it into PD Mobile and you can then trim it to be just 5 frames long to get the original duration.
 Filename
GH010884-6x.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
1 second version
 Filesize
1758 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
Oliverz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, it works. I will try it also on my PC - but in the moment i have only my tablet ...
Reply to this topic