Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import ffx files/After Effects effects into PowerDirector?
BabaLuchiNYC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 23:03 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I tried finding the answer to this question online but was unable to. I am brand new to PowerDirector and wanted to know if there was any way I can import and use Adobe After Effects effects files (ending in .ffx extention) into PowerDirector? Can I somehow convert them to another extension that is compativble with PowerDirector? Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
No. They are not compatible and cannot be used in PowerDirector.
dollarman 23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2020 21:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
how can i get the effects downloaded for powerdirector into the powerdirector 18?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's really a different discussion, and ideally you'd create a new topic here and give us a lot more info.

Please tell us what PD version you had before, anything you did with your computer or that content between that time and when you installed PD18, and what seems to be missing in PD18.

Let us know if you're talking about content that came with your earlier PD version, things you created/customized, and/or things you downloaded from DirectorZone.