Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playback Buttons Greyed Out
Malcy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 07:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

This has happened a couple of times now but I was editing my video last night without any problems. I resumed today and the playback buttons are greyed out so I cannot edit my project as I cannot play back the video. I did a few searches but cannot find out what the issue is but thanks for any pointers.

Malcy
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Assuming you're in Windows 10 64-bit.

What processor do you have with how much RAM? Which graphics card do you have?

How much free space is left on your hard drive?
Malcy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Assuming you're in Windows 10 64-bit.

What processor do you have with how much RAM? Which graphics card do you have?

How much free space is left on your hard drive?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I ajm using W10 64Bit and have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 core processor running at 3.6Ghz and have 32GB RAM. The SSD has about 19GB left on it but I have other drives with TB of free space. I also have a 6GHz Asus Video Card. Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Malcy, not sure the forum is fixed yet for attaching pics, but try posting a picture of your entire PD window so maybe one can see what you refer too. Are you talking the icons directly above the timeline for editing or the real "play" button under the preview window?

Jeff
Malcy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Malcy, not sure the forum is fixed yet for attaching pics, but try posting a picture of your entire PD window so maybe one can see what you refer too. Are you talking the icons directly above the timeline for editing or the real "play" button under the preview window?

Jeff

Thanks for taking the time to reply and I did try and post a screen shot but wasnt easy but this OneDrive Link of the problem might help:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlqrGTQVPaIVvek-1Ok93uVcR67I2w?e=BXuqrl

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Too bad the forum does not work correctly, thanks for the OneDrive Link.

That is not the timeline preview window but the "Library Preview Window". Select a video, not a pic in the media library and it should populate the controls of that window.

Have you or do you use dual monitors? Have you undocked the preview window?

Jeff
Malcy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Too bad the forum does not work correctly, thanks for the OneDrive Link.

That is not the timeline preview window but the "Library Preview Window". Select a video, not a pic in the media library and it should populate the controls of that window.

Have you or do you use dual monitors? Have you undocked the preview window?

Jeff

Thanks for your help and apologies for not using the correct terminology. You are completely correct of course, if I select a media clip it will play in the Library Preview Window, but normally I can review the entire video there. I am just using a desktop computer out to a single 32 inch monitor.

I have looked in the "View" menu and toggled the Library Preview window on and off but no joy. Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right click in that "Library Preview Window" and select "Reset All Undocked Windows", that should hopefully bring it back.

Jeff
Malcy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Right click in that "Library Preview Window" and select "Reset All Undocked Windows", that should hopefully bring it back.

Jeff

Jeff,

You are a superstar! It worked

Thanks

Malcy