Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Output too low on TV Screen
DenisW13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Mar 16, 2014 00:17 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
DVD movie is accepatble quality but the image sits down on the bottom of TV or slightly below.

Its not a problem with the TV setting as commercial DVDs are fine, and its not anything to do with title safe zone, its the whole output image.

This has been a problem at least since PD16 but is still there in PD18 but more pronounced.

Watching Produced movie on computer is fine, but DVD too low on TV

A work-around with good results is to Produce a mp4 movie then use 2 other-maker products to get to a good DVD, but I would prefer to use PowerDirector for the whole job.

Can anyone advise me? Many thanks

PD Version is Version 18.0.2405.0

( I did already post this question - not very clearly -on an old thread https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80973.page#341665)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page . Load the project that has this problem. Take a full screenshot of the edit screen and attach it on your next reply.
DenisW13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page . Load the project that has this problem. Take a full screenshot of the edit screen and attach it on your next reply.

Thanks - Snapshot of edit screen attached - also dxdialog in case Regards Denis
 Filename
PD Query DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
[Thumb - PD Query Snapshot Edit Screen.PNG]
 Filename
PD Query Snapshot Edit Screen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
526 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your screenshot has the cursor at the end of the timeline with a blank black display so unable to determine what the preview normally looks like. The Intel graphics driver is 3 years old. You can download the latest Windows 10 dch drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 . It can make a difference when using the Intel Quick sync for rendering to disc.

Other users have reported issues with PD, all versions for creating discs. I have found that it is best to check Create a folder instead of Burn to disc. The folder can then be burned to disc using freeware like ImgBurn or Power2Go. ImgBurn allows verification to be used. I use ReWriteable (erasable) .discs for testing.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DenisW13 -

Since I first read your post, I've been mucking around here attempting to replicate what you've reported. I've tested using both PDR365 & PDR18 (2725 build), burning both DVD & BR discs & testing in multiple players.

Using the resources available to me, I can't replicate anything like "output too low on TV screen". The projects had titles deliberately placed at the extremities of the TV Safe Zone and the actual screen to highlight any issues.

From one test project I took screenshots of the discs (DVD & BR) being played back in PowerDVD20 & photos of the TV screen withe the discs being played back in a BR player (these photos are flawed, in a sense, because there are keystone & cropping inconsistencies).

Here are the comparison screenshots/photos. Download & you can view at full size.

Here is one of the zipped, packed projects I made for testing. It would be interesting to see what you get if you download the project & burn it to DVD/BR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have downloaded Tony’s packed project and burned it to a rewritable DVD. Left the Enable Intel Quick Sync Video unchecked. Placed it in my Sony standalone dvd player and took a screenshot of the 16:9 pattern on my LG TV screen. No overscan is seen and the picture is perfectly centered as shown in the attached screenshot.

It is possible using the Quick Sync, a different dvd player, or a different TV can have a different result.

Since the OP has the same problem when PD16 or when PD18 is used, they may point to the Intel QS being enabled and used. Updating that Intel graphics driver may fix the issue.
[Thumb - DVD Screen Test.jpg]
 Filename
DVD Screen Test.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Image test on dvd for over scan and offset check on LG TV.
 Filesize
536 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
DenisW13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your screenshot has the cursor at the end of the timeline with a blank black display so unable to determine what the preview normally looks like. The Intel graphics driver is 3 years old. You can download the latest Windows 10 dch drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 . It can make a difference when using the Intel Quick sync for rendering to disc.

Other users have reported issues with PD, all versions for creating discs. I have found that it is best to check Create a folder instead of Burn to disc. The folder can then be burned to disc using freeware like ImgBurn or Power2Go. ImgBurn allows verification to be used. I use ReWriteable (erasable) .d
iscs for testing.

Thanks - especially for the warnig about driver being out of date - Since updated - I'll report back - thanks again
DenisW13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi DenisW13 -

Since I first read your post, I've been mucking around here attempting to replicate what you've reported. I've tested using both PDR365 & PDR18 (2725 build), burning both DVD & BR discs & testing in multiple players.

Using the resources available to me, I can't replicate anything like "output too low on TV screen". The projects had titles deliberately placed at the extremities of the TV Safe Zone and the actual screen to highlight any issues.

From one test project I took screenshots of the discs (DVD & BR) being played back in PowerDVD20 & photos of the TV screen withe the discs being played back in a BR player (these photos are flawed, in a sense, because there are keystone & cropping inconsistencies).

Here are the comparison screenshots/photos. Download & you can view at full size.

Here is one of the zipped, packed projects I made for testing. It would be interesting to see what you get if you download the project & burn it to DVD/BR.

Cheers - Tony

THANKS - I will report back - Regards Denis
DenisW13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much for your attention and work on this.
My graphics drivers are now up to date.

I ran Tony's project and unfortunately I still get the same result- as a measure - "Title Placed At Bottom of Screen" is truncated and we have a large black band at the top. And the graphic "Test Pattern 1" has the lower plus sign invisible and part of the cirle truncated.

We still have the work around that both of you suggest and it works fine -creating either MP4 or ISO to burn to disc - (but using products other thanPowerDirector) .

Regards
Denis
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote We still have the work around that both of you suggest and it works fine -creating either MP4 or ISO to burn to disc - (but using products other thanPowerDirector) .
Thank you for the feedback.

Other users have also reported that 3rd party tools are necessary to get a working disc like this recent one: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82678.page#post_box_340688 . I use the ImgBurn freeware to burn a created folder to disc. You can burn the created ISO image to disc too with ImgBurn.