Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD ScreenRecorder2 renders borders on resuming paused video
starzar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 01:00 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
PD ScreenRecorder2 renders borders on resuming paused video.
It works fine when the recorder is first started but when it is paused and resumed the recorded video has a red dash outline around it .
Image - https://ibb.co/hWjzYwh

Also ,another issue - There is no indication whether the recoder is paused on screen, making it difficult to know when the recording is resumed.
How to know whether the recording is resumed?

Borders
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you were recording full screen, as opposed to being locked to an app or any of the other choices. Can you share the exact version number and version type of SR2? It's on the About screen under the ? icon on the top:

You can also try switching hardware encoding on or off from the Video tab under Preferences (gear icon) to see if that stops the after-pause border appearing. FWIW, I don't see the issue on my system with HW encoding turned on but your system may be different.

The best way to tell if SR2 is recording or paused is to click on the task bar icon 2 times in a row. The first click will bring up the full app in the corner and you'll see REC if it's recording or || if it's paused. On my system, hovering the cursor over the taskbar icon brings up a small thumbnail but it doesn't always match the current recording state, so the 2 click method is more reliable.

You can easily remove that onscreen check from your finished video if SR2 was recording, so don't let that stop you from being certain that you're recording!