Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Applying chroma key to certain green screen effect causes it to disappear
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm trying to use this effect for my video to simulate a rainy background:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvix77OuiXY

Whenever I apply chroma key, the rain disappears. Not much other people seem to be having this problem. I tried downloading in the highest quality but it still wouldn't work.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The rain is too fine and does not work well. Just use the fx Rain. You can adjusted it to your liking.
jerry___ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2019 23:23 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The rain is too fine and does not work well. Just use the fx Rain. You can adjusted it to your liking.

Yeah I don't mean to sound picky, but the fx rain does this thing at the beginning where it starts slowly coming down, I just want it to instantly come down, and I don't know how to remove that feature. Is there a way?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I see what you mean with the sample skateboard clip. I set the density to max and later keyframed it which did not seem to help at all in the beginning. Placing the fx without a video clip and it shows great on a blank black screen.

EDIT: I just started the fx rain sooner while on the previous clip and it did not help on the sample clip. You may want to try say darker clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2020 17:19