Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
started using a shotgun mic but now im not getting sound when i upload on to power director
pab1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2019 14:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i just purchased a shot gun mic for the first time , and recently uploaded the video i recorded with it on to power director but im getting no sound. when i play the video on windows media player i can hear the sound , the issue is when i try playing it on power director i get no sound.

if any one has had the same promblem or some one knows whats the issue here and can help i would appreciate it, thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately you have given ZERO information to work with.
Perhaps the mic model, the recorder workflow, the MediaInfo of the file.
You must give us something, or it's like stating that your automobile is going "clang clang ickity clonk", can you tell me what's wrong? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As Barry said, we don't have much to work on. It could be something specific about your new mic, or it could be one of the common reasons why PD's sound gets muted. Take a look some of the possible reasons here.

You should be able to isolate the problem by placing another clip on the timeline and see if PD plays sound from it.