Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 deleted all my custom profiles
[Post New]
Yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

I was just editing a video like normal, then suddenly I get a BSoD. Note that this isn't the first BSoD that PowerDirector has caused for me, but that's besides the point. When I boot my computer back up, PowerDirector said that I have no custom profiles anymore. I previously had about 20.

So I go to AppData/Roaming/Cyberlink/PowerDirector/17.0/UserConfigure/Profile.ini. The file itself is there and it's the same size, but it's all spaces. Imagine holding down the space bar until it becomes 23 KB in size - that's what it looks like now. The file is attatched for credibility reasons, because I wouldn't believe this if someone told me that.

I spent literal months getting all my custom profiles named and organized exactly how I need them. Now PD17 deleted them all. Is this a known bug? Am I the first person to experience this? This needs a patch pronto, I'd hate to see others experience this.

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i7-6700K

NVIDIA GTX 1080

16 GB DDR4 RAM

Latest Windows updates, no viruses/rootkits/malware/ransomware/etc, latest drivers for everything. If it wasn't for the fact that no other video editor has one-time payment options, you would've just lost a customer.

Edit: Now it's not letting me add custom profiles. It says none exist, but it refuses to let me add more. Wonderful!
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
166 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2020 20:50

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I had one get corrupted one time, I do system backups so no real damage.

You can't create new because of damaged file in directory, just rename or move to another location.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote I had one get corrupted one time, I do system backups so no real damage.

You can't create new because of damaged file in directory, just rename or move to another location.

Jeff

Yeah, I deleted everything in Profile.ini, recreated all my profiles, and made a copy of the file as a backup. Just to let you know, PoweDirector is the only program I've ever used that's caused a BSoD. I've used hundreds of different programs over the years, not just video editors. I saw my first ever BSoD when using this.