Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a Title..
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using PD8 trial version, and I'd like to be able to add a Title at the start of my project. From what I noticed when I add a title it simple puts the title words over the first frame(s), I'd perfer it to be seperate, not write on my project.

The one work around I found was to add a transition, that does nothing, to the begining of the project and then add my title. That seems to work, but not sure that's the best way.

Is it possible to add in a break in the time line and then add the title, or does the title have to be some time of image file that I'll have to create or download?

I know I can go into the title editor and create the title, but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the background color from transparent, to black or white or whatever. In this project I'm simply looking to put up a black background with some basic wording introducing the project, nothing fancy.

I'm not using menus when I create the DVD.

Thanks,
Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bob -

Just insert a colour board (or any still image). That'll solve it.

Under the Edit button, click on All Content and select a colour board... adjust duration, insert title... job done.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony..that worked out great..

Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem