Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 doesn't respect demanded output bitrate
dprh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2020 13:11 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason on one particular project PD16 doesn't produce 360 video in quality which I ask.

The original footage is in 4K 100Mbs and I want to output in same quality with some edits.
So I created a corrreponding config, PD says file will be around 7Gb, all OK.
But when it starts production size drops to 2-3Gb and I get a file in half bitrate of what I asked.

I tried to activate/desactivate hardware support, same result.. And I ask higher output bitrate it stays at 50Mbs.

Any ideas?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Did you create you custom profile inside PD or did you manually edit the Profile.ini file?

Can you share a short, small 360° source clip to OneDrive or Google Drive? Just record anything for 10 seconds so other people can work with it and see what kind of results are possible.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
dprh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you create you custom profile inside PD or did you manually edit the Profile.ini file?

Can you share a short, small 360° source clip to OneDrive or Google Drive? Just record anything for 10 seconds so other people can work with it and see what kind of results are possible.

I created custom config from the app.

Here's a small extract of the clip: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlXrpBb0ZKRThM0ONsOOg-kcOsKZVw?e=ZAvPaS

Same behaviour with this small extract: it produces 52Mb/s file twice smaller disregarding the configuration

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2020 18:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the sample clip 👍

I have PD 18 (365) installed, and there's a feature called Profile Analyzer that makes creating a custom profile to match your source clips very easy. I think it was introduced in PD17 so you won't have it, but the profile it created did wonders for me in one of the 4 cases I tried.

I produced the clip with the new profile and got mostly similar results to what you've seen:

Produce Method Video Bitrate
CPU (no HW encoding) 43Mbps
nVidia NVENC 52Mbps
Intel QuickSync 86Mbps
SVRT (no re-encoding) 114Mbps

As you can see, if you can produce using SVRT you're going to be in great shape. I've uploaded all 4 clips along with the custom profile to this OneDrive folder.

To use the custom profile, you'll need to open up your copy of Profile.ini with PD closed. It's located in the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure folder.

Paste the contents of the SVRT Profile text file from the OD folder to the end of your Profile.ini file and save it.

When you open up PD, you'll see this new profile under Custom H.264 MP4 settings. Hopefully PD16 will show SVRT as a producing option and it should then give you the quality you're expecting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2020 18:50

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

dprh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the sample clip 👍

I have PD 18 (365) installed, and there's a feature called Profile Analyzer that makes creating a custom profile to match your source clips very easy. I think it was introduced in PD17 so you won't have it, but the profile it created did wonders for me in one of the 4 cases I tried.

I produced the clip with the new profile and got mostly similar results to what you've seen:

Produce Method Video Bitrate
CPU (no HW encoding) 43Mbps
nVidia NVENC 52Mbps
Intel QuickSync 86Mbps
SVRT (no re-encoding) 114Mbps

As you can see, if you can produce using SVRT you're going to be in great shape. I've uploaded all 4 clips along with the custom profile to this OneDrive folder.

To use the custom profile, you'll need to open up your copy of Profile.ini with PD closed. It's located in the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure folder.

Paste the contents of the SVRT Profile text file from the OD folder to the end of your Profile.ini file and save it.

When you open up PD, you'll see this new profile under Custom H.264 MP4 settings. Hopefully PD16 will show SVRT as a producing option and it should then give you the quality you're expecting.

Thank you for your analysis!

SVRT works for me also but I need to edit the clip: add a PiP and change speed in some places, so it has to be reencoded.

I saved SVRT profile and tryed to apply to modified clip with no luck. Looks like PD doesn't care about MinBitRate we input and always changes it to half..

What is strage is that I don't have this behaviour with fimed in 360° (more than 10 produced). Looks like it doesn't like clip created from 3D.
optodata
[Post New]
CL is aware of a similar issue occuring with PD18/365, but whatever fix they come up with will probably be limited to these versions.

What did you manually change the <MinBitRate> value to?

YouTube/optodata

dprh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote CL is aware of a similar issue occuring with PD18/365, but whatever fix they come up with will probably be limited to these versions.

What did you manually change the <MinBitRate> value to?

In the profile generated by SVRT it was at 0, I suppose it means to use CBR at MaxBitRate.
I also tried to change it to a value close to MaxBitRate with same results.

I dont't understand why they doesn't propose directly select if we want CBR or VBR from the app.

Anyway thanks for analysis!