Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 18 Removing background or motion object mask
romanbard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2020 15:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to remove a background from a video, to place an object to another background.

After applying the motion mask in Colordirector, I cannot do a color replacement to green out the unwanted area to be able to use chroma key after. The color replacement isn't clear.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2020 06:30

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
This feature isn't working in the current version of ColorDirector. CyberLink is aware of the issue. Hopefully they provide a pacth to fix it or they address it in the next version of the software.

There is a thread in the ColorDirector forum which provides a temporary work around for this issue. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/80317.page

If you need additional assistance you can request it there so others can follow the issue in one thread. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
romanbard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2020 15:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you mister Maliek. I appreciate that.

I have tried a work around but the replacement still isn't clear