Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12, GoPro Hero7, and Upside Down Video
GeeGeeBee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2020 08:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Can PowerDirector 12 handle metadata info like "Rotation: 180"?

I am recording on a GoPro Hero7 Black upside down (it's the only way to mount it under my wing). When I play the video in a player like VLC or the player that comes with the K-Lite codec pack, the clips play just fine (right side up). But when I import the clips into PD12, they are upside down. And yes, I can flip them in PD but then the left-right is backwards (mirrored) so that's not really a solution (unless there's a way to flip both horizontally and vertically at the same time - as far as I can tell, PD12 only allows you to do one or the other).

Any chance of getting this to work in PD12 or should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to a newer version? And if upgrade is the answer, what's the best version to go to?

Thanks,

Gary
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Instead of using the PiP designer to flip the video there are tools that allow you to rotate the clip 180 degrees.Go to PowerTools/Video Rotation and change it to 180 in the box.

Another way is to highlight the clip and then click and drag the center blue circle to rotate to the bottom. Just tried it on the sample clips in PD12 and it works.
GeeGeeBee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2020 08:03 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Yup. That did it. Thank you, tomasc!!