Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 effects cause crash
Najed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2017 08:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This has been a slight problem that has escalated over time for some reason. Every time i apply effects the preview just shows a zoomed in image with black lines and distortions. if I produce that is the final result as well. It didn't really hurt the experience at first, I just used effects in a second render, but recently the trouble has gotten greater. As soon as I put in the effect, the entire editor freezes and gets really slow before crashing. I've tried reinstalling and updating windows, graphics drivers; nothing does the trick.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please take a screenshot showing the where you have the effect placed on the timeline, and also showing the lines/distortions on the preview screen. Save the screenshot as a JPG or PNG and upload it using the Attachements button under the forum's text box.

It would also help to see your computer's specific hardware and drivers, so please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide thread and attach the DxDiag text file as well.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°