Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
iPad video layer limit?
Eemz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 17:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen discussion here that the limit on the number of video layers depends on your hardware for Android. But does anyone know what the limits are for iOS and specifically iPad 2018?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've seen discussion here that the limit on the number of video layers depends on your hardware for Android. But does anyone know what the limits are for iOS and specifically iPad 2018?

Hello,

The info we received from CyberLink about this is as follows:

"For video overlay, if the iOS device's RAM is <= 2GB, it supports up to 2 overlay tracks. If the iOS device's RAM > 2GB, it supports up to 3 overlay tracks."

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2020 05:46

Eemz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2020 17:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks that seems to match. I have the 2018 iPad which is iPad 6 and on Google I found it has 2GB of RAM. So does that mean I am able to have the original video +2 overlays
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Besides the amount of RAM on the device the number of overlay tracks is also dependent upon the type of assets placed on each track and the asset mix. My 2018 iPad Pro has 4GB of RAM. It allows up to 3 video overlays and up to 9 photo overlays. If I mix video and photos the maximum number of overlay tracks is 9 (3 video and 6 photos, 1 video and 8 photos, or 2 videos and 7 photos). Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.