Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 "You don't have permission to open this file"
mkuhlman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2017 21:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys.

I'm working with Power Director 15 in Windows 10. I tried to open an old project (pds) file to resume editing and it told me "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." All footage files and other elements are intact. I right-clicked on the pds file and didn't see any other options for opening the file. How do I open it?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This has nothing to do with PD. I think that somehow the file and/or folder permissions in Windows became unavailable to your user account, and you'll need to reset them or take ownership to access the project file.

Here's an article on various ways you can do that in Win10. Do a search on your own if you're running a different version of Windows.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2020 15:24

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°