Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are the older versions of PowerDVD no longer available?
Christopher12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2020 14:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm in need of an older version of PowerDVD, one that works on a laptop with Windows XP.

The laptop did not have any DVD Drivers, so it could not play and DVDs.

After installing Power DVD 6, I was able to use Windows Media Player but there was no sound. Considering the sound is working for other programs including VLC media player, can someone explain this? I think this is a result of the trail version but I just want to make sure.

If I'm correct can somone tell me where I can legally get the full version of an older PowerDVD editon? If thats not possible, can you tell me what other programs can help me?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
No, I don't think you can buy versions that would work on XP...because you'd have to go back to version 13 or 14. Older versions are removed from websites when I checked.

https://www.amazon.com/Cyberlink-DVD-0E00-IWU0-00-PowerDVD-Ultra-Download/dp/B00JOVFT0W

Dave
djduskuk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2020 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Don't know if anyone can help, trying to get a copy of powerdvd13 ultra? Purchased years ago and have product key however after a pc update it is missing from my laptop. Trying to find a copy to reinstall so my 6 year old can use to watch bluray dvds.
Can not contact support as it says I need an SR number but I can not find this as it is no onger on my laptop.

Any ideas
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Don't know if anyone can help, trying to get a copy of powerdvd13 ultra? Purchased years ago and have product key however after a pc update it is missing from my laptop. Trying to find a copy to reinstall so my 6 year old can use to watch bluray dvds.
Can not contact support as it says I need an SR number but I can not find this as it is no onger on my laptop.

Any ideas

Sounds like you're saying it came with your laptop? You should check the discs that came with the laptop, as there should be a copy in there. If not, contact the laptop manufacturer and ask for a new copy.

That is probably your only avenue, as the other would be CL support, but you said that didn't work.

Dave