CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 crashes when any DVD template is used
Reply to this topic
j64thnotes [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 04, 2020 15:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I received power director 12 with my Diamond VC500 capture card. I was able to convert some ancient VHS tapes to mpeg video with the help of the tutorials; however, when I attempt to burn to disc, the authoring part succeeds, but then crashes upon starting the burn to disc part. If I don't use any the DVD templates, it succeeds; if I use even the default template (the monopoly one), it fails. Has anyone else hit up against this? Attached is my dxdiag, you'll notice I tried two different dvd burners with the same result. Nothing shows in the windows event log to help me diagnose the issue. Where to start?

Thank you, Jack
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag file
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I received power director 12 with my Diamond VC500 capture card. I was able to convert some ancient VHS tapes to mpeg video with the help of the tutorials; however, when I attempt to burn to disc, the authoring part succeeds, but then crashes upon starting the burn to disc part. If I don't use any the DVD templates, it succeeds; if I use even the default template (the monopoly one), it fails. Has anyone else hit up against this? Attached is my dxdiag, you'll notice I tried two different dvd burners with the same result.

PD12 was created for Windows 7 and users have reported that there is a compatibility problem with Windows 10. You may have to run the software in compatibility mode. In Preferences/Hardware acceleration/ uncheck both boxes. In the final burn window leave Enable hardware encoder unchecked and try again.

If this is not successful then report back.
Reply to this topic