Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock LIMITED Search Results
SergioM_Director [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2020 00:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just updated my PowerDirector 365 and I am now able to use the Shutterstock add on. I immediately searched for 'Boxing Ring' because I recently viewed it on Shutterstocks website. There was an image that I really wanted to use on my next project. To my surprise the results within PowerDirector were VERY limited. I could not find anything that resembled the results on Shutterstock's website. I posted the same feedback on the YouTube page and someone at Cyberlink replied that I am only able to see featured results. Whatever that means. In my honest opinion, it does seem like I am not able to see the entire library from within PowerDirector. So when I searched for Boxing Ring I got 3 pages worth of results and NONE were like the ones I seen on Shutterstock's website. I have searched for the image I wanted by the EXACT title name and even by the image ID. It doesn't matter what key words I use, the search results are poor and my image does not show up. I might be doing it wrong. I searched for Boxing Ring under video and I got ZERO results. Something seems fishy about this NEW feature. Almost, like it is too good to be true. I do hope I am proven wrong though. What am I doing wrong???
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The selection of Shutterstock clips included in the PD 365 subscription seems a to be a very small subset of the clips on the Shutterstock website, but I haven't found any description of the kinds of clips that are available.

I'm sure it comes down to money: Shutterstock has a 10 images per month plan that costs US $29 each month, while PD365 subscribers pay nothing - so there has to be a significant limit for the "free" access.

Within PD, I get 9 pages of results when I search for "boxing" on the Photo tab, and 3 pages when searching for "boxing ring." When searching for videos, I get 19 results for "boxing" and none for "boxing ring."

The intro email sent out by CL this week states "180,000+ Stock Assests Included," yet I got 62k results (613 pages!) just for "boxing ring" on the Shutterstock website.

The bottom line is that even though Shutterstock has over 200 million clips and 10 million videos available, it looks like PD can't access the vast majority of them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2020 01:38

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The intro email sent out by CL this week states "180,000+ Stock Assests Included," yet I got 62k results (613 pages!) just for "boxing ring" on the Shutterstock website.

The bottom line is that even though Shutterstock has over 200 million clips and 10 million videos available, it looks like PD can't access the vast majority of them.

Great point.

We're able to access 180,000 assets that we were unable to access before FOR FREE. I for one consider myself lucky that CyberLink was able to achieve this with no additional cost to it's subscribers. It would not make sense for Shutterstock to provide us access to all of it's content at zero cost. It would be nice if 365 subscribers could obtain access to the entire Shutterstock library with a minimal increase to our existing 365 subscription. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Dreamoutlaw0716 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 14:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I wish I had read this thread BEFORE I purchased PD 365. It doesn't matter what the number of limited media assets is. All that matters is that I cannot download the media assets I want, which is why I bought PD 365. I saw NOTHING in the product description that mentioned a "Limited" library.

I feel very mislead and disappointed.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you're having trouble downloading Shutterstock assests, the best thing you can do is to provide some details on what's happening.

Please tell us the steps you're doing and what happens.

For example, are you able to open the Shutterstock browser and see content? Does the fontent change when you enter a search term? Are you able to preview a video clip in a browser when you click on the thumbnail in PD? Does the clip download when you check the box and then on the Download button?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wish I had read this thread BEFORE I purchased PD 365. It doesn't matter what the number of limited media assets is. All that matters is that I cannot download the media assets I want, which is why I bought PD 365. I saw NOTHING in the product description that mentioned a "Limited" library.

I feel very mislead and disappointed.

Which of the PD365 did you subscribe to... See this comparison: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-business-video-editing-software/features_en_US.html . You can get much more with a different package.