Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock download location
Dazzmos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2015 15:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello is there a wat to change the

Thank you
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello is there a wat to change the

Thank you

Hi,

There appears to be no user defined way to change the download location for Shutterstock media.

To find the default location that is operating on your own system, hover over the shutterstock media clip in the media library and note the location, or view the clip properties in the media library with Rt click>Properties

On my system it is here for video clips:
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\video

for images
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\image

for audio:
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\audio

Although other members have reported different locations, so it is best to check.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2020 04:26

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you still want to change the actual storage location, you can use Windows junctions to redirect where PD is storing the clips.

For example, open a command window and type in
mklink /J "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\video" "x:\Shutterstock Video Clips" (where x: is your destination drive's letter). See this link, or Google if you need more info.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On my system it is here for video clips:
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\video

for images
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\image

for audio:
C:\Users\{username}\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\audio

I can confirm that my downloaded Shutterstock assets are in the locations listed above. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Vissersdijk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2020 13:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
For me that is not the correct choice,
because it stores business data now automatically in my private Microsoft OnedDrive.

Two problems:

• legal of course.

• My private oneDrive has only a few GB, and is full.

I know that i can use link drives to place it somewhere else, but that will not sole the problems above.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
F.Y.I. I received a YouTube copyright strike on my video about Shutterstock. My contacts at CyberLink think I received the strike due to accessing the Shutterstock content from my PC which is a violation of the EULA. Keep in mind, this is not a copyright violation but that's a conversation for another day. According to CyberLink the EULA states:

You shall not do the following:

- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE

Going to the folder location of the Shutterstock images, videos, or music would therefore be a violation of the EULA. I thought I should share this information to help others from going through what I'm going through. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.