Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
scroll line-by-line
Wayne3482 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2020 14:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to figure out how to leave the last line on the screen when the rest of the text crawls off. I attached a video that I made using PowerPoint to show what I mean.

I know I can just use a video made with PowerPoint, but I would like to do it with Power Director 18 if there is a way.
 Filename
Trailing Line.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
532 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are many ways to do this.

First off, did you know that PD can import .PPT/.PPTx files directly? If it's easier to create the scrolling titles there, you may want to try that although you'll probably have to chroma-key out the background if you want the titles to scroll across your video. If it's across a static black backround you'd be all set.

Another way to do that in PD would be to make the title using the Scroll Up effect but end the text with the line that will continue offscreen. Then make a second title with only the final line and use the Slide Up effect for the starting effect. You can use no effect or Fade at the end depending on how you want to end the video.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Wayne3482 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2020 14:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanx. Good ideas.

While I was waiting for answers, I continued to experiment and I found a way to do it in PD. Unfortunately, It takes quite a few steps and adjustments to do it.

I made two titles; the first one with everything but the last line and the second one with only the last line. I took a snapshot of the second one when the last line was in the center of the screen.

It took a lot of tinkering! I attached a picture of the project timeline.
[Thumb - Line-By-Line.jpg]
 Filename
Line-By-Line.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad you got it working, and I'd expect that you'd need to spend some time tweaking the timing and positioning of the second title.

I didn't suggest a screenshot as that wouldn't work if you had any active content behind the text, but your way exactly matches the upward scroll of the previous text and then simply stops the last line. Nice job!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°