Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recolor Water
Octal7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2020 01:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video that pans down a river and the water looks quite brown. I want to recolor the water to look blue but do not want to effect the areas that do not show the river. What is the best approach to recolor the water?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Octal7 -

The basic way to do that is to create a mask to match your video. In PDR, you can make a brush mask so that colour changes only affect the river water...

BUT

That's fine if it's a static shot, with no panning or zooming. Obviously, the shoreline will shift as the camera pans/zooms so you need a mask that can track the shifting shore/river edge.

My first thought is that's more of a job for ColorDirector (motion tracking mask) but I'll try to get my brain into gear.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2020 14:48

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Octal7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2020 01:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The best I can think of is using the masking features in ColorDirector. I find it tedious to edit the masks manual, not sure if there is a better way.