Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
100% CPU utilization and Video and Audio Out of Sync when editing footage
Capecodforever1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2020 22:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone, I've researched this issue quite a bit, to no avail. I recently bought Power Director 17.0.3005. and I'm quite suprised and slightly dissapointed with the amount of bugs I've experienced. The biggest and most pervasive bug happens when I'm editing footage. If I let the video play in the editor to look for areas to trim, the longer I let it play, the further out of sync the video and audio becomes. If I let it play for 15-20 seconds or more, the video becomes choppy and skips/ freezes intermittently. This is a huge problem, because if I get to a point that I want to trim based on the audio, when I stop the clip, and then hit play again, it's actually a few second behind where the audio last indicated it was. Furthermore, cpu is at 100% utilization when this happens. When I go to services in Windows, and then end the pdhumanan service within power director, PC utilization drops to 15% , but then creeps back up to 100% within 60 seconds.

My laptop is Windows 10 64 bit, i7 processor with 8 Gb RAM, so memory shouldn't be a problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone, I've researched this issue quite a bit, to no avail. I recently bought Power Director 17.0.3005. and I'm quite suprised and slightly dissapointed with the amount of bugs I've experienced. The biggest and most pervasive bug happens when I'm editing footage. If I let the video play in the editor to look for areas to trim, the longer I let it play, the further out of sync the video and audio becomes. If I let it play for 15-20 seconds or more, the video becomes choppy and skips/ freezes intermittently. This is a huge problem, because if I get to a point that I want to trim based on the audio, when I stop the clip, and then hit play again, it's actually a few second behind where the audio last indicated it was. Furthermore, cpu is at 100% utilization when this happens. When I go to services in Windows, and then end the pdhumanan service within power director, PC utilization drops to 15% , but then creeps back up to 100% within 60 seconds.

My laptop is Windows 10 64 bit, i7 processor with 8 Gb RAM, so memory shouldn't be a problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sounds like you must be using shadow files, wait until the media clips in the library all have a green movie strip icon in the lower left corner and your editing experience may be a little better and PDHanumanSvr.exe CPU usage will subside.

Jeff