Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No open .dzt files
giorgos1966
Newbie Location: skopelos Joined: Jun 13, 2015 11:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I cant open the files .dzt. I've formated my pc and now something is missing; I used to download files .dzt and double-click in the program.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2020 05:44

giorgos1966
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi giorgos1966 -

It sounds to me that something's been messed up when you "formatted" your PC.

When PDR installs a template, like a .dzt, .dzp etc, it uses a piece of background software called Effect Extractor.

The first thing I'd do is go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files and see if EffectExtractor.exe is present.

The next thing I'd check is your PC's file associations. Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default applications be file type. Scroll down to all those .dz things and they should be associated with Effect Extractor.

If that's all OK, let us know becausae there may be something wrong with your installation.

Another thing to try is right click on a .dzt file & select Open with... do you get the otion to use Effect Extractor? There's a .dzt atached here for testing.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Multi Text Move.dzt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
giorgos1966
Newbie Location: skopelos Joined: Jun 13, 2015 11:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi giorgos1966 -

It sounds to me that something's been messed up when you "formatted" your PC.

When PDR installs a template, like a .dzt, .dzp etc, it uses a piece of background software called Effect Extractor.

The first thing I'd do is go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files and see if EffectExtractor.exe is present.

The next thing I'd check is your PC's file associations. Settings > Default Apps > Choose Default applications be file type. Scroll down to all those .dz things and they should be associated with Effect Extractor.

If that's all OK, let us know becausae there may be something wrong with your installation.

Another thing to try is right click on a .dzt file & select Open with... do you get the otion to use Effect Extractor? There's a .dzt atached here for testing.

Cheers - Tony

Yes there was no Effect Extractor...and i installed. All ok now! Thank you. giorgos1966