Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This project was created in a newer error in PowerDirector16
Peterk91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2018 17:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a problem with a project I have been working on and almost completed, and hoping that somebody from this forum can help me.

I have PowerDirector 16 installed. I made a project on this (using 360 and 3d images and videos as I've done before). I saved the file and closed it and shut down my computer. This morning (a day later) I try and open the file, but receive the error message:

"This project was created in a newer version of CyberLink PowerDirector and is not supported by the current version"
I haven’t changed the version I used or downloaded any patches for over a year so I don’t think this can be the problem.

I tried installing PowerDirector18 demo, as it’s a newer version to test if this was the problem, but when I opened it I received the error “file broken”.

To try and investigate the problem, I opened (a copy of the file) in notepad, with the top of the file stating:

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->
<project activeapplication="PowerDirector" appversion="16" araversion="5.3.1.1025" …><="" span="">

I have another file I made using PowerDirector16, which opens fine and have the exact same parameters at the top of the file. I saw some people have has similar problems here, however they mainly had patch issues which wasn’t the case here.

Does anybody have an idea of how I can solve this, as I don’t want to lose my project? Please let me know if any other details would be useful.

Thank you for your help,

Peter</project>
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can find and load the last project from the autosave folder. The location of this folder is specified in the Preferences/Project window. I would sort by the modified date and pick the last one to load. You need to save it to your normal project location using a filename that you want.
Peterk91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2018 17:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can find and load the last project from the autosave folder. The location of this folder is specified in the Preferences/Project window. I would sort by the modified date and pick the last one to load. You need to save it to your normal project location using a filename that you want.

Hi Tomasc,

I didn't know the autosave files existed there I searched the wrong place and assumed I had none.

This solved my problem, thank you very much,

Peter
Bond007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2020 13:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Does this work for PowerDirector15 as well?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yes.
Thewayitwas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2017 17:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I saw the solution but am still a bit sketchy in getting my project back. Super frustrated after a couple of weeks work on this.