Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
blurry static image
mgpmp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2020 20:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
searched archives and couldn't find anything. I am recording presentations that are delivered in web browser through BigBlueButton. Tried 1080 and 720 video resolution and I'm getting blurring images of presentation slides sometimes. Only a portion of the slide is blurry. Any ideas how to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
We'd need more details to help. Which version of SR are you using (2, 3 or 4) and what's the version type and full version number? The About screen under the "?" at the top right has that info

Is the browser content moving a lot or is it mostly stationary? What video framerate are you recording at? Can you attach a screenshot showing the blurry content?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mgpmp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank for the response...

version: 2.1.0.7615
vertions type: standard
framerate: 30 fps
browser content mostly stationary, just clicking through slides. no movement on the slides themselves. pointer sometimes moving around the screen a bit.
i tried uploading an image in original post, but i don't understand how. seems like this forums requires the image to be located at a web url?

Quote We'd need more details to help. Which version of SR are you using (2, 3 or 4) and what's the version type and full version number? The About screen under the "?" at the top right has that info

Is the browser content moving a lot or is it mostly stationary? What video framerate are you recording at? Can you attach a screenshot showing the blurry content?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have the latest version of SR2. If you want to embed graphics like I did in my post, they need to be hosted by a photo sharing website like Imgur.

However, you can easily just attach the image (as long as it's less than 5MB in size). Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box. It looks like this:

You can also try recording at 1080p for the clearest recording, it sounds like 30fps is fine, but also click on the gear icon and go to the Video settings and set the Bitrate to High to capture more fine detail.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

mgpmp [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried bit rate on high and low and problem persists and at 1080. It doesn't seem motion dependent. It's more time dependent. Tends to start at bottom of screen and work its way up. thanks for pointing me to the attachment button. I'm attaching the screen shot now.

Quote You have the latest version of SR2. If you want to embed graphics like I did in my post, they need to be hosted by a photo sharing website like Imgur.

However, you can easily just attach the image (as long as it's less than 5MB in size). Use the Attachments button below the forum's text box. It looks like this:

You can also try recording at 1080p for the clearest recording, it sounds like 30fps is fine, but also click on the gear icon and go to the Video settings and set the Bitrate to High to capture more fine detail.
[Thumb - screen recorder blur issue.PNG]
 Filename
screen recorder blur issue.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
338 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the screenshot. That's clearly a problem, and here are the main things I can suggest:

1. On the Video preferences screen, try again after checking (or unchecking) the hardware encoding option

2. At the bottom of that Video screen, click on the gear and manually set the bitrate to 32000 (max)

3. Try using a different browser for BigBlueButton

4. Try toggling the browser's hardware encoding settings

5. Run the DxDiag test and attach the results so we can see if any important drivers need updating

6. Download the trial version of SR4 and see if that works better

YouTube/optodata

mgpmp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I'll give those things a try. Thanks so much for your help.

Quote Thanks for the screenshot. That's clearly a problem, and here are the main things I can suggest:

1. On the Video preferences screen, try again after checking (or unchecking) the hardware encoding option

2. At the bottom of that Video screen, click on the gear and manually set the bitrate to 32000 (max)

5. Run the DxDiag test and attach the results so we can see if any important drivers need updating

mgpmp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you! #1 seems to have resolved it.

Quote Thanks for the screenshot. That's clearly a problem, and here are the main things I can suggest:

optodata
[Post New]
I'm glad to hear that helped! Can you tell us whether the box is now checked or unchecked?

YouTube/optodata