Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What does "normalize" audio?
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I'm wondering about the function of normalizing audio. When I use this function for all audio in my videoproject (music underscore and original sound) I get quite a good balance between the music underscore and original sound. Only the total volume of my project is than very low. The timeline preview volume meter is hardly showing any volume, just 2 or 3 green bars are moving. The loudest peaks are, I guess, around -12dB. How do I get the that the loudest peaks in the project are around -3 dB for example, without destroying the balance between underscore music and original sound? Is there a master volume control for the whole project? Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
[Post New]
This function levels the volume of all sound clips (original sound, music, commentary etc) in all tracks - apparently by reducing the volume to adjust it to the volume of the lowest clips.

There is no master volume control for the whole project, but you can raise each track separately by using the horizontal slider above the "Normalizing" - button. Grüße aus dem Ahrtal!

Michael
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This function levels the volume of all sound clips (original sound, music, commentary etc) in all tracks - apparently by reducing the volume to adjust it to the volume of the lowest clips.

There is no master volume control for the whole project, but you can raise each track separately by using the horizontal slider above the "Normalizing" - button.

Vielen Dank Michael, für die Erklärung soweit. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm wondering about the function of normalizing audio. When I use this function for all audio in my videoproject (music underscore and original sound) I get quite a good balance between the music underscore and original sound. Only the total volume of my project is than very low. The timeline preview volume meter is hardly showing any volume, just 2 or 3 green bars are moving. The loudest peaks are, I guess, around -12dB. How do I get the that the loudest peaks in the project are around -3 dB for example, without destroying the balance between underscore music and original sound? Is there a master volume control for the whole project?

Go to the Audio mixing room. The is a master audio gain control for each separate track. It is the horizontal slider located just above the fade in and fade out triangles for each audio track. Move that slder to the right to raise the audio track and vice versa. Hope this help.

In German:
Gehe in den Audio-Mischraum. Dies ist eine Master-Audioverstärkungsregelung für jede einzelne Spur. Dies ist der horizontale Schieberegler direkt über den Ein- und Ausblenddreiecken für jede Audiospur. Bewegen Sie den Schieberegler nach rechts, um die Audiospur anzuheben und umgekehrt.
3POINT [Avatar]
[Post New]

Go to the Audio mixing room. The is a master audio gain control for each separate track. It is the horizontal slider located just above the fade in and fade out triangles for each audio track. Move that slder to the right to raise the audio track and vice versa. Hope this help.

In German:
Gehe in den Audio-Mischraum. Dies ist eine Master-Audioverstärkungsregelung für jede einzelne Spur. Dies ist der horizontale Schieberegler direkt über den Ein- und Ausblenddreiecken für jede Audiospur. Bewegen Sie den Schieberegler nach rechts, um die Audiospur anzuheben und umgekehrt.

Also many thanks tomasc. No need to translate. I'm a Dutchman, living in Germany and working in an international (englisch speaking) environment. So I'm familiar with both languages besides my Dutch mother tongue. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.