Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Visual audio track waves not visible
craig49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 19:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Editing 15 video tracks and need to sync by lining up audio tracks on all. I can hear the audio on all tracks but the visual of the audio tracks does not show below the first 3 audio tracks. I'm in the middle of a very large virtual choir project and have had no problems with this on syncing the tenors and the altos. Using PD 18 that I recently purchased for this project. Thanks, Craig.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2020 13:12

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There was a long and sordid history of this problem going back many versions, but PD18/365 should always display waveforms for all tracks as long as you have the option enabled.

It's interesting that the first 3 tracks work but not any of the lower tracks, and here are some steps you can try to see if you can coax PD into displaying them. Do them one at a time and post back with which one seemed to work:

1. Close PD and use File Manager to open C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0\Cache\WaveForms then delete all the .txt files there. Restart PD and see if the missing waveforms will start appearing

2. Right-click anywhere in the Media Library and choose Remove All Unused Content from Library. Save the project and close PD, then wait a few seconds and relaunch it

3. Try the same thing as above but this time choose Empty the Library. The source clips don't actually need to be in the library for PD to work properly, but you may want to use Export Library first so you'll be able to import it once the waveforms are working

4. Click anywhere on the timeline and use Ctrl+A to select everything, then use File | New Project and paste the timeline contents. Save the project, close PD and re-open it after waiting a few seconds

5. Select one of the clips with no waveform showing and trim it, then see if PD will draw the waveform. You should be able to undo or drag the end of the clip back to its full length. You may need to do this for each clip not displaying a waveform

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote É possível editar 15 faixas de vídeo e sincronizar alinhando todas as faixas de áudio. Consigo ouvir o áudio em todas as faixas, mas o visual das faixas de áudio não aparece abaixo das três primeiras faixas de áudio. Estou no meio de um projeto de coral virtual muito grande e não tive problemas com isso ao sincronizar os tenores e os altos. Usando PD 18 que eu comprei recentemente para este projeto. Obrigado, Craig.

Adding to what optodata showed.

I am convinced that PD18 works best with audio “wav” format

I have AudioDierctor it makes mixing many audio tracks easier and with more features.
It would be a case of using it to create your Matrix track in the first place.

In PD8 for cases where the wave does not appear or is slow to appear.
You can also extract the audio from the video in the media room and thus create a copy in wav format, which will replace directly in the respective video in the timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2020 03:31

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
tonton2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2018 14:26 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
I know this is an old post -. but the problem is still occuring with my powerdirector 16

I found out that the waves come back when I press F5 (actualize/refresh) - (windows 10)
after a minute or so

worked twice for me so far.
I hope this can help anyone. <3