Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to do a flash effect that's in perfect sync to the beat of the music?
Ana Patrisha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2020 22:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Like the one in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVLWGCfFu7Y

But I want to be able to do it in PD since PD runs better overall + renders a lot faster on my laptop compared to Sony Vegas and I'm working with mkv files that isn't supported on the latter program.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can do the same thing in PD as in the tutorial, with these changes:

1. Use Shift+M to place timeline markers (instead of "M" in the tutorial)

2. There are many FX that will work. I used NewBlue Dual Booster and placed it on the FX track with a duration of 20 frames (60fps project)

3. Using keyframes, set the start and end points to use Light Brightness at 100 (normal setting) and then set a keyframe 8 frames in at 150 (or whatever brightness percentage you want). Duplicate that keyframe 4 frames later so you have a ramp up that lasts 8 frames; a flat section of enhanced brightness of only the brightest part of the video for 4 frames; then an 8-frame ramp back to normal

4. Copy that FX and paste a new copy at all following markers. You can use Shift+right arrow to jump to the next marker

Here's a screenshot of the FX settings I used:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2020 17:25

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°