Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems capturing from DVD
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just captured a music DVD in 365 Win 10 1909, and noticed where the VOBs meet on the timeline, there is a slight blip in the audio. Is this just in edit or is there something I must do to correct?

End time on 1 and start time on 2 are the same.

Thanks

oz

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 24. 2020 01:52

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just captured a music DVD in 365 Win 10 1909, and noticed where the VOBs meet on the timeline, there is a slight blip in the audio. Is this just in edit or is there something I must do to correct?

End time on 1 and start time on 2 are the same.

Usually if you "Captured" a DVD with PD you have mpg files not VOB. If you copied the DVD to HD and are trying to edit that, yes those are VOB files.

More often than not, PD can't handle VOB's in this fashion without a glitch, been that way for a very, very long time. In such case, use Handbrake or the like and then edit the resulting file in PD.

Jeff
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for yout help.

Yes I did copy VOB to HD then dragged to timeline.

I have treid to captrure direct from DVD however I get the first image then it saves it as a mpg then stops capturing. Tried many tiems but same old story.

Why is it not captiring the whole DVD?

Here is the Capture screen and the files on the disk.

Timeline and dvd files

EDIT:

Well I tried it with another DVD, much less length but it did capture it correctly.

So what could be the difference for it not to do the fist one?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2020 01:05

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is it not captiring the whole DVD?

Scratch or deteriorated 2003 content on the disc perhaps, did you clean? I'd try previously suggested HandBrake to see if it can read the 3 titles on the disc.

Jeff