Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video not syncing with audio
peka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2020 20:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I uploaded a wmv file but the video isn't syncing with the audio. When I play it in the preview window, the video is about 10 seconds behind the audio. Sometimes the video skips a few seconds and catches up but a lot of the time it's frozen. When I play the wmv file outside of PowerDirector, video and audio are in sync. I removed it from the project, rebooted, added it back in. What else can I try? Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can use MediaInfo to determine if the frame rate of the video is constant or variable and also if the audio bit rate is constant or variable. They need to be constant to be in sync when editing on the timeline.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Here's my tutorial on how to use MediaInfo to get the information we need to help you out.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I uploaded a wmv file but the video isn't syncing with the audio. When I play it in the preview window, the video is about 10 seconds behind the audio. Sometimes the video skips a few seconds and catches up but a lot of the time it's frozen.

Using MediaInfo will give us the full picture of your clip, but based on your description chances are you'd benefit from turning on shadow files and waiting for the little yellow icon on the clip in the media library to turn green.