Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chromatic key
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the application power director on my chromebook, I bought one month the application but I don't have the possibility to put video on second plan. So I can't use a green screen and the chromatic key .

Could you help me please,
because i really need to use a green screen
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.05.09.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 15.05.09.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
226 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The second video needs to go on the same track as "Pirate de Caraibes.." in your screenshot (or lower) to use the chroma key, but I don't know why you don't have a video tab like this:

Is the app version 6.8.0 (Build 80027)? Tap/click on the gear icon, then Settings and scroll down to About PowerDirector.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The issue with Aliza's lack of video on a second timeline is the processor power or lack of support for same.
I have the same problem with my Galaxy tab 8 tablet, I get one video timeline, two layers strictly image/title/gif. Two audio timelines.
On my i-phone the same program gives me 3-4 video, more layers, more audio timelines.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 13. 2020 19:12

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
On my cellphone when I download the application I have the camera for the chromatic key. It works.
But on my chromebook it doesn't.

I want to desinstall and re install the application but I'm afraid of loosing my project that are saved on the application and not the cloud.

Do my project will diseappeard if I desinstall ?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You could back up the project files to say your pc or the cloud before doing the uninstal. I do not beleive that there is a packed project equivalent of the pc version of the software where the project is portable between phones or tablets. I beleive that a saved project in the cloud can be opened and edited on a pc. See this tutorial: https://youtu.be/fXSmOZgzmpM .
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
As Barry stated, your Chromebook does not have the appropriate amount of processing power to support video overlays. Therefore the video option is not available when you select Overlay. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.